Become a Volunteer And Join the TIP Team!S
Looking to get involved in the CISM Field? This is a fantastic way to start! Volunteer with Trauma Intervention Programs (TIP) of San Diego, Inc. TIP is looking for compassionate individuals who want to assist in serving our community.
Due to the high-sensitivity of work involved with the program, all volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Clean criminal history (complete background investigation will be performed including fingerprints)
- Clean driving record
- Current auto insurance
- Commit to (3) 12-hour shifts per month
- Attend monthly Continuing Education meetings
- Own a cellular telephone to use on shift
- Attend 36-hour training academy plus three-month field training meeting
- Regular access to computer/email/internet
If you meet the above requirements, then we want you! The TIP training academy will teach you the five emotional first aid skills of reaching out, protecting, reassuring, organizing and reinforcing. Becoming a volunteer requires the 36 hours of training, a three-month field-training program, plus mandatory 3-hour continued education classes once per month. Details on our training academy and future dates are posted below.
To Register: https://www.tipsandiego.org/become_volunteer.htm