Monday, April 16, 2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Check-in begins @ 8:00 am
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Check-in begins at 8:00 am
Two-Day Course~ Providing effective emotional and spiritual care to individuals, families, and communities following critical incidents and in times of crisis requires special training, skills, and understanding of the unique role of the crisis responder. This course seeks to prepare front-line helpers to meet the emotional and spiritual needs of survivors by providing a basic understanding of the ministry of presence; connecting; basic assessment skills, appropriate intervention; and developing an ongoing care plan and referral.
What Will You Learn
- Articulate an understanding of the ministry of presence and companioning.
- Define the essential elements of connecting and communicating with people in crisis.
- Demonstrate assessment skills for determining emotional and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrate essential interventions to help stabilize people in crisis.
- Link those served with existing community support services and develop a care plan.
To Register, please click here.