San Diego County CISM Team
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
October 27, 2015 1630-1730
San Diego City Library, Tierrasanta Branch 4985 La Cuenta Drive
San Diego, CA 92124
The San Diego County Critical Incident Stress Management Team welcomes your partici- pation at the Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the Team in public. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our Team. To assist you in the ease of speaking/partici- pating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided:
1. Agendas are available to all audience members at the door to the meeting.
2. “Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Communications.” “Com- munications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action. These presentations are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non- agenda items will not exceed three (3) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern or you may be offered the option of returning with a citizen-requested item.
3. You may also complete a “Request to Speak” form to address the Board on Agenda items. With regard to such agenda items, you may specify that agenda item on your “Request to Speak” form and you will be given an opportunity to speak for up to three (3) minutes when the Board discusses that item.
4. When addressing the Board, speakers are requested to state their name and address and adhere to the time limits set forth.
5. Any public records relating to an agenda item for an open session of the Board which are distributed to all, or a majority of all, of the Board members shall be available for public inspection at all Board Meetings or on our website at Http:// SanDiegoCISMTeam.org.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, San Diego County CISM Team may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified indi- viduals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order participate in Board meetings are invited to contact the Executive Di- rector’s office.
Call to Order Closed Session Open Session Public Comments OLD BUSINESS~
Approval of Minutes from September 23, 2015 meeting
MOTION: Collins SECOND: Briggs Aye___4
- 1) SDCISMT Bank Account Update- BAO TRUONG, VP of chase Bank is working with us on account. Needs Primary & secondary for Collins. Secondary for Duchow. Then account can be opened. CHASE has frozen everything until fraud investigation is completed.
- 2) San Diego CISM Team Membership- Dissolve all membership other than the 5 sitting BOD Members, pending reorganization, restructuring and ratification of amended Bylaws, at which individuals may apply for membership.
SECOND: Arnold Aye___4
- 3) California Secretary Statement of Information Update- No new news. Still in process. Returned check.
- 4) AV Services- Letter from Felix for $2,000. Will provide IT Services and all AV equipment.
- 5) AV Services AV 101 Felix (Lisa)MOTION: Collins SECOND: Briggs Aye___4
- 6) Revision of SDCISM Team Bylaws Update- Date for Board Workshop: January 23, 2016, The Branch Office, 10:00am.
- 7) Law Enforcement Actions Update- Sub-Committee to meet: (Fickas & Briggs) No- vember 3, 2015
- 8) IRS Tax Status Update (Lance)- SDCISMT has tax exempt status. Disregard revocation letter. Current letter in our files stands. No new letter needed. Screen shot of status needed.
- 9) San Diego County Fire Authority MOU Update (Dan)- tabled until after fire season
10) Community Outreach Activity- KLOVE offering 2 classes in San Diego sponsored (no cost to attendees). January 12-15 is date of classes. We will co-sponsor, coordinate, publi- cize & provide partial snacks. Cost of snacks to be co-sponsored by SDCISMT & Dinner for instructor one night.
MOTION: Collins SECOND: Fickas Aye____4 No_____
11) December ICISF Conference Planning Update- Terri from ICISF emailing Fickas. Communications begin next week. Lance will send list of scholarships to Terri. 1 for Har- bor, 1 for SDFD. 1 for CBP.
12) Hospitality Suite Update (Lori)- No communications back yet from Crowne. We can reserve suite an do it ourselves. Do it in the living room of the sweet.
13) Board Communications- Possibility of moving meetings to quarterly.
Good of the Order: We are more professional! Gavel needed. Briggs to procure. Fiskas sug-
gests Flag pledge.
Date of Next Meeting: January 26, 2016, Branch Offices, 4:30pm.
Motion to Adjourn:
MOTION: Collins SECOND: Fickas Aye: 4